Monday, October 20, 2008

An update on my life!


Today has been a much better day than yesterday so things are looking hopeful. I have many people who have been great listening ears and the support from family and friends from here in Florence and back home is great. Thanks so much :)

My mother ended up writing a complaint letter to Dean Burke and forwarding it to two of the study abroad staff members back in Spokane. I am going to be speaking with Shelley (student life Dean) in about an hour so we will see how that goes. I have talked to most of the staff here in Florence on numerous occasions and they are well aware of my problems-- the question is what now? What is the exact plan of action that they plan to implement? This is what I should be finding out momentarily...

Next week is midterms and I am beginning to feel very overwhelmed emotionally (from everything going on) and mentally (with school work). It will be hard to focus on studying for midterms and writing papers in the midst of everything else going on. I hope I can remained focus and be able to "push through" this hard period. I know I will, its just a matter of time. My boyfriend Chris keeps telling me to smile and stay positive and know that all hard periods lead to something greater and amazing in the end... how profound!

As far as the foot situation is concerned-- I scheduled an appointment with the doc tomorrow so we will see what he says. Perhaps I'll need an x-ray, perhaps its merely just tendinitis and simple inflammatory meds will do. I will keep you updated :)

So I just found out that my cousin Julie and her family (husband and three kids) are going to visit on November 3rd and me and my parents are going to have dinner with them somewhere in Florence! I am so excited! I have never met her kids (my second cousins) just seen them in pictures. They are pretty cute! I am hopefully going to visit Julie in France (where she is from) on the weekend of Jan 30th and me and my friend Cierra are going to tour around her area and then go skiing in the Swiss Alps! How fun!

What else is new?! Chris (bf) is going to be visiting for a week sometime next semester. We were thinking he wouldn't be able to get time off because he has not worked for his company for a year yet. Also, with the current economic condition and him being a crucial element to his work, it was looking unlikely that he would have time/money to make it down here. ANYWHO, he was able to convince his bosses to let him have a week off so he is thinking about coming down sometime in January or February. W00hoo!

Another brighter note-- (anything helps!) I got a 100% on my Italian quiz! I also got a B on my journal entries for Introduction to Florence, but now I know what I did wrong (I guess I didn't explain enough historical information about my tours, etc and I could work on being more accurate about incorporating historical information). Its all about a learning experience, right?

Anyways, I probably should go but continue to pray for my grandfather as he is still very sick :(

Love you all!

Note: The picture of the waterfall was taken on my hike in Almafi. I decided to post it with this blog entry because my cousin Carolyn suggested that when I am dealing with times of hardship it often helps to look at beautiful pictures that provoke fond memories. Thanks Carolyn! :)

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love your beautiful pictures! Hang in there, and stay happy :) xoxo

CaShThoMa said...

So glad to know that things are getting better for you bit by bit. Love you much, mom

Love your pictures!