Thursday, October 2, 2008

On my way to Cinque Terre!

In about an hour I will be loading the bus with my fellow peers and going to Cinque Terre! I am really excited. I heard from some of my friends back home who have already studied in Florence that this was their favorite side trip they went on. Apparently the five cities are all located off a large, steep hill. It will be interesting for sure; lots of hiking tomorrow but it should be good excercise. We are allowed to stop at various locations too to either shop, eat, or relax on the beach. I really hope the weather is good! It was such a surprise last weekend when it ended up being really warm in Elba. The bus ride to Cinque Terre is 3 hours long and we are free to take our own train ride back to Florence on Sunday. This will be nice not all traveling as a group because sometimes it gets a bit crazy.

As always, I will get you updated by taking lots of pictures! I am not bringing laptop because again, it is not probable that there is wireless internet. Plus, I am already on facebook enough as it is. I need to go out and enjoy Italy!

Next week is going to be pretty stressful in terms of school work. I have my first Italian quiz on Tuesday and then on Thursday I have my first mini test for my principles of marketing class. In addition, I have tons of journal entries to write for ethics and introduction to florence. OH! And my ethics teacher said he was going to give us our essay prompt next week. Kill me now! Things are picking up and I hope I can learn to balance all this traveling with schoolwork.

I forget if I mentioned it, but my parents are scheduled to come and visit me Oct 31 to Nov 10th. We are going to go to the academia where the statue of David is, and all the touristy spots! It will be nice to fill them in on all my adventures thus far in Florence. As much as I would like to call home and catch up, its super expensive and skype does not really work that well in my pensione because the internet is so unrealiable. I think its about as good as its going to get too unfortunately.

For all those wondering about the new room; I love it! The only bummer is we get a huge draft of cigarette smoke in our room. There is a window outside of Savanarola where guests and staff smoke. Unfortunately this is right by our room so we get all the smoke clouds into our room. Also, we are directly above the outside patio where people are free to smoke. I wonder if I should complain about it or just suck it up.

Well I am off to Cinque Terre!

Arrivederci!

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Every room will probably come with pros and cons. Soon it'll be too cold out to have the window open so you won't get that draft of smoke!

Enjoy Cinque Terre!

Sharon said...

Sounds like another great place to see. I look forward to your notes on this trip. Hope your cold is better soon. I always tell my children, now 28, 26, and 20, when they're fighting a cold: drink lots of liquids, especially tea (with lemon and honey if possible) and orange juice. Feel better.