Saturday, October 25, 2008

Studying, studying, and what? Chinese food?


It feels so nice to sleep in for a change! I was going to go to Assisi today with some friends for the day, but I think it is a blessing in disguise that we all decided not to go and sleep in instead. I got to sleep in until 11- when does that happen? Haha. Anyways, it was amazing! :-D

I feel very refreshed, like I am ready to conquer a new day. I think I am going to be pretty productive and continue to study diligently so I can be well prepared for my midterms next week.

Yesterday I had my first Chinese food since I left for Europe. It is nothing like the states-- but it was really good. I love Italian food but I was definitely craving something different. I ended up getting some chicken chow mein kinda thing, and some hot and sour soup. I liked the chow mein (it was rice noodles, some chicken with steamed veggies)but the hot and sour soup was a bit funky. My favorite hot and sour soup is at Chen's Village, so its hard to measure up to that. I think I am even going to go there again for lunch today! It is great take out food-- perfect to bring back and study. I think i'm going to get potstickers. Yum...

Other than that, I do not have much else to say. Thanks for all the support for those that have been keeping up with my blog. Things have been pretty rough for me the past week or so, but I am hanging in there. I am very grateful to have this experience being abroad and I am excited to see where this year continues to take me.

Well I am going to be busy studying-- feel free to distract me with a skype phone call or whatever else! Also, if you want to be penpals (like the old days!) let me know. I love getting snail mail. :-D

Miss you guys!

PS! The picture up there is of a cool plant that I took in Southern Tuscany. I love the color-- it's almost like seafoam.

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

Your post today warms my heart. I know the last days have been rough and especially yesterday when you studied so hard so that you could "play" today and then plans fell through. All for a reason we have to say....I really believe that.

Have a good rest of weekend. Six more days and we will be there!