Friday, October 31, 2008

Parents arrival!


Mom and dad are here! It is so nice to see them. They arrived a little early around 1:30, and I ended up meeting them at San Marco where they each ordered a small sandwich and an espresso. I had already eaten at the Oil Shop, which has the best sandwiches in Florence (in my opnion at least) so I was full, but it was nice to catch up. They are very jet lagged as you can imagine, so after I picked up all my goodies that they brought from home and showed them around school and my room, they went back to their hotel for a little nap. Tonight we are having dinner at a classic Italian restaurant called Za Zas. I have never been there, but my friend Annie said it is very yummy. We made reservations for 7:30 so we are all looking forward to that. It is going to be me, Annie, Lil and her mom, and of course my parents. I will let you know how the food was!

I have so much more stuff in my room now (I asked for lots of clothes from home). So I will definitely have to send my parents back with a lot of stuff too. I am worried how I am going to take all my stuff home at the end of the year. I already came with a lot of stuff, and I have only accumulated more... oh well.

Yesterday night me and a bunch of friends went to the theater and saw an American movie! It was so fun! I had already seen the movie, but it was more about the experience than anything. We saw tropic thunder; its a pretty funny movie but a little more manish humor than mine haha. There were Italian subtitles during the movie, and it was so funny-- there was an actual INTERMISSION during the middle of the movie! But the funny thing was that it was not like at a natural break in the movie... it was like right in the middle of an action packed scene so it was pretty bizzare. Only in Italia! Haha.

After dinner me and my friend Annie got a couple drinks at this cool little bar. The drinks were decent, but the bartender was kind of a jerk. We always try to use our Italian wherever we go and usually everyone is super nice when we make mistakes but this Italian? Not so much. After getting our drink, Annie said "Grazie" And the waiter rudely corrected her and said its "Graz-i-A" and she said just ok... but we talked to two other Italians and they said we have been saying it correctly like "Graz-i-eh" Oh well. Some people are just mean. Plain and simple.

Well after dinner I think a bunch of us friends are going out to the bars and then perhaps a club. I don't have a costume so I am not sure what I'm going to wear, but I am sure I will come up with something. Maybe office hoes? (that was my friend Lindsay's idea)

Well I will post later-- ciao! oh... and Happy Halloween!

The picture above is of me and some of my friends in Elba! :)

2 comments:

MMH said...

Have fun days with you Mom and Dad and show them lots. Have you checked out shipping stuff back to Seattle? I used to buy stuff from the UK on E-Bay and there was airmail which was a lot of $$ and then there was something like boat mail which took a month or so but was not expensive. Then your mom and dad can fill their suitcases with goodies from Florence.
Have wonderful days and good food and make happy memories.

Carolyn said...

Hahaha, "office hoes"!! I just spit my latte out all over my computer. Have fun with mom and dad! :)