Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A normal Tuesday...


I am currently just hanging out at the Gonzaga campus. Sometimes it's nice to get away from the pensione and do homework here or just catch up on emails, phone calls on Skype, etc.

I just talked to my friend Martha and she and her friend Tara are planning on visiting me the weekend of November 14-16! She is a good friend of mine from Gonzaga and she is currently studying abroad in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. I am also going to be visiting her in early December. Me and a bunch of friends are going to Amsterdam for a day or two, and then me and my roomie (see pic) are staying one night at her apartment. Fun stuff!

Not a whole lot is new today- midterms are approaching quickly and I am getting pretty stressed! I have a huge ethics paper that is due on Thursday that I am working on. I got started on it pretty early next week so that I could have time to send it to my mom to look at. (Thanks mom!). Tomorrow I am going to an opera with a few friends, so that should be really fun. It is the opera that is based off the musical/movie called Rent.

I do not have an update on my grandfather as of right now. I know lots of my family from Houston are traveling to Seattle to visit him in case this is his time to go. I just have to remain hopeful and continue praying. It is just hard being so far away...

I went to the doctor today and he prescribed me some anti-inflammatory pills for my foot. I am pretty sure it is just a severe case of tendinitis so he said if it is not better in 4-5 days than to come back and see him. We will see what happens, right? I am glad he did not think I have a stress fracture. That is quite a bit more serious.

Well I am going to keep this post short. I am feeling a little un-creative at the moment. I have so much on my mind with all this school work, my foot, grandpa, and other day to day problems that I am finding it hard to find something interesting to talk about. I have to take it easy with walking so nothing in my life is too exciting at the moment. Today we had lasagna for lunch which was amazing; I have not had that since the states! I wonder if Karen will serve chow mein next? Haha fat chance! I will just have to hit up Chens (my favorite Asian restaurant in Seattle) when I get back home. Dad, if you are reading this you should know I really miss our chen's outtings! Italian food is amazing, but I like variety once in awhile!

Well I will most likely post tomorrow- until then!

*Note* The picture above is of me and my current room-mate Lillian. We have become great friends! :-D

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Glad to know your foot problem is something that anti inflammatories are likely to fix.

As for "liking variety": that's always been vintage Laura. I'm amazed that you can eat Italian every day but then again, you don't have much of a choice.

Love to you!

MMH said...

Well, I am now sharing a foot problem with you. Walked so much in NY with the seam of my tights under my fourth toe that it got a bubble blister the size of a black eyed pea. Not the greatest and have it covered with both a bandaid and moleskin. But all this walking has been terrific exercise.
Good luck to you on your mid-terms and papers. I am flying to Seattle today.