Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A not so pleasant sleep...


Only one more midterm to go! I love the feeling of relief that I get after I finish a hard midterm. It's almost like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder!

Here's the dealio: I haven't been getting very much sleep lately. Because I had my two hardest finals today, I was up until past 2 AM last night and got up super early around 7 am to get ready for class. Needless to say I am so exhausted.

Speaking of exhaustion, my slumber has been a little "off" too. My room mate Lillian has been telling me that the past few weeks I have been talking a lot in my sleep. Strange, huh? I know I haven't been getting much sleep lately, but also it has been taking me a lot longer to fall asleep than it normally does, for whatever reason. I have been tossing and turning, and I think it is due to anxiety and stress. I love Florence, but lots of things are going on and it is taking a toll on me mentally and physically.

I did have to laugh though-- Lillian told me this morning that I woke her up in the middle of the night and said, "Look! (as I pointed to the wall) Look at that pretty artwork!" And she looked at me and said, "What artwork? What are you talking about?" and (apparently) I smiled and then responded, "Oh... never mind..." and then I rolled over and went back to sleep. How bizzare! When she told me about it this morning I cracked up. I remember we were talking but I didn't realize I was sleeping until she said, "what artwork?" My bf and my friend Cierra said that talking in your sleep is often a sign of stress. Who knew? It makes sense though-- I am not really getting into my deep REM cycles with everything on my mind; not to mention I have been getting on average 5-6 hours of sleep at night or less.... I know its horrible but I have really early classes and my pensione is so loud at night (everyone goes out all the time). Its all about a period of transition...

We had one of my favorite dinners today at the pensione! 85 Cavour (one of the other pensiones that is owned by Giuseppe as well) came over and we had a little "party". It was buffet style, and there was even music playing in the background. The food consisted of herbed potatoes, chips, bruchetta, beans, kiwi, pineapple, goat cheese slices, Sangria, various sodas, tomato sauce pasta, and the main dish was the grilled chicken burritos with rice and black beans. It was so good! We have never had anything like it before- I guess Karin and Giuseppe wanted to give us a little reward for all our hard studying this week!
Well that is the most interesting thing I have to talk about today. My two midterms went pretty well today. We will have to see though!

Arrivederci!

PS! This picture was taken at a store in Southern Tuscany where I got some amazing cheese for my parents to take home! So yummy!

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Hope you can catch up on sleep now that (most) of the exams are over. Can't wait to see you! Three more days!

MMH said...

Continue to love your blog. Get some sleep, now that midterms are over. The relief alone should put you out - and make you speechless as you slumber. thinking of you. Would have loved to go to the cheese shop with you.