Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brunch at Angels


I had the most amazing Breakfast today! It was at Angels, which is located in a really nice hotel in Florence. They are famous for their "American style" Breakfast, and I have been craving an omelet for a long time, so I thought I would give it a shot. A huge group of Gonzaga students went, but me, Cierra, Katie, and Annie sat together at a small table. I got a cafe latte with amazing foam, a Florentine omelet, and hash browns. Before the main course there was a long table with various yogurts, milk, chocolate banana bread muffins, and fresh cut fruit. It was all included in the cover charge so that was nice.

All of us got the same omelet- it was called the Florentine and it had cheese, sweet peppers, spinach, artichoke, and onions. It was so good!

One thing I have noticed about restaurants and stores in general is that prices are pretty set and even. In the U.S lots of things are marked $7.99, $4.99, $9.99, etc but in Europe everything is usually an exact price like 8 euro. This makes it way easier to have exact change. Even at the supermercato the items all come out to a nice, even number. I think a lot of it has to do with the tax in America, because this makes everything to be a weird price such as $6.39, etc. I think the tax must be included here, or everything is duty free. I'm not quite sure. It is definitely an interesting observation that I just noticed.

On the way back from brunch, a cute dress that was displayed outside a little store caught my eye. It is strapless, black and white with flowers, and has a cute little bow in front. I tried it on and it fits perfectly! I will have to take a picture or something with me in it so you guys can see it. I can't wait to wear it!

Anyways, I better get back to studying. Tomorrow I have my econ midterm, which entails writing for a solid three hours about global economy issues. Its going to be a blast! Not...

Its just a few days until my parents are coming! Woo hoo!

The picture above was taken last week in Sorrento.

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Very nice that you got your American breakfast! With a bit of searching, you probably can find almost anything; even in Florence!

Days counting down till our arrival! We are excited. Boo is not.

JCK said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your parents. I'm a big fan of your mom's writing. I met her at the Blogher conference in SF.