Monday, November 17, 2008

When one door closes, another opens


As cliche as my blog title sounds, it really is words to live by. I believe that everything does happen for a reason and even though I seem to be in an unbearable, painful state, I know that it will lead to something better in the end. I just have to be patient and open to whatever is in my future.

So many of my friends and family have come to my aid during this difficult time. I have a great support system, and I am so thankful for that.

A few days ago I was actually considering going home at the end of the semester. Things were getting to such a point that I didn't see myself staying here and pushing on through. After thinking about it for a few days, I realized that I am in Europe for a reason and there is a greater purpose that is meant to be discovered. Although I am not sure what that is right now, I am sure I will look back on this time in my life as a period of growth and maturity. At least that is the hope...

and for all my friends: "Friends are like four leaf clovers; hard to find and lucky to have"

2 comments:

Rusty Mujer said...

Wise words Laura. I think that the process of transitions, moving from pain to neutrality to renewal can be a powerful process. Particularly when you walk through it rather than around it. Wishing you peace and power!

MMH said...

Terrifc. Good thinking. It's not at all an easy time, yet moving through this year will be and is life changing in very positive ways. You'll be 'more you' for staying and making it all a 'very good year.' Bravo!