Thursday, November 20, 2008

Onto Roma!

Hey everyone...

As you know I recently broke up with my boyfriend, but things are looking more hopeful by the day. I think we just needed a week or so off just to think over things and decide what we really want to do. This morning we talked for about half an hour and clarified somethings going on, and we thought it was best to sleep on it for a day or two and come to a final decision. If you want more details, feel free to ask me. I am just in a very happy place at this point, and I am hoping for the best.

Yesterday, the Intro to Florence group and I went to the San Marco Museum which is an old convent that was funded by Cosimo il Vecchio. He hired Fra Angelico to paint most of the frescoes inside the convent, and they are absoloutely beautiful! This was definitely one of my favorite tours. My parents liked visiting it too when they were here.

So tomorrow I am going to Roma for the weekend! I am stoked! I am going with the Gonzaga group. Unlike all the other weekend trips so far, this one is a small group of us, about 40 people I believe. I am excited to see the Colasseum as well as the Sistine Chapel. I am going to be looking out for Michelangelo's Angels in the Sistine chapel (they are so cute!). Here is a picture of them to your left.

I am very glad to be done with school this week. It wasn't a particularly hard week of school or anything, but since I am been so emotionally drained with stress, I am really looking forward to a fun filled weekend.

Well thats about all I have for now. I am going to go and eat lunch in about an hour at the pensione, and then I will probably start packing.

Arrivederci Ragazzi!

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

Here's to a wonderful weekend in Roma! I'm envious and wish I could see all those amazing sights. Enjoy!