Monday, November 3, 2008

A lunch with my cousin Julie and her family


Today I had a great lunch with my my parents and my cousin Julie and her husband Thierry, and their 3 boys Benjamin (who is the oldest), Christopher, and Nicholas. They are just precious! Like I said earlier, this was the second time I have ever seen my cousin and this was the first time I had met her husband and their kids. We had such a great time!

I booked it over to the Duomo after class to meet my parents and the Motets, and from there we walked to this quaint little restaurant located close to the Archaeological Museum. I ended up ordering this delicious Penne pasta that had a ground beef sauce that was made of cheese and tomato. I also ordered a glass of the Chianti and a cafe latte after lunch. We were there for over an hour just chatting and making up for lost time. Julie is in the marketing field as well and so she told me all about her job and her husband works for Telecom in the financial field.

Above is a picture of all of us that was taken today. I am so glad that we were able to touch base through email. I am looking forward to my visit to Southern France next semester with my friend Cierra. She will be able to show me all around her area! :-D.

Today has been pretty rainy and cloudy... at least the weekend held up for my parents. It's finally starting to get colder, but we still have spurts of gorgeous and relatively warm weather!

Not sure what I am going to be doing tonight other than homework. I am hopefully meeting up with my parents for dinner and who knows after that.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

So jealous you got to see Julie and Theirry! I can't believe this is only the second time you have met Julie... wow :) Post pictures of the boys if you get a chance!!

CaShThoMa said...

Yes, it was a great day meeting up with the Motet's in Florence; a day we will all remember fondly. I'm so glad you'll be going to see them in France in January; Benjamin was excited to know that!
You'll have a good time.