Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things just keep getting harder...

This weekend has been great for the most part, but it has been filled with sad emotions.

As most of your probably know by now, I broke up with the boyfriend a few days ago. It was very hard on me, and I am still very depressed about it, but deep down I know it was the best decision for both of us. If you want to know details about what happened, I would be happy to share, I just don't think it is appropriate to talk about on this setting.

With that said, I have just not been up for blogging lately. I have been so down that I have nothing really to say except how sad I have been. I had a great weekend for the most part because Martha and Tara visited and stayed in my pensione. We went shopping yesterday, and I showed them a lot of the pretty churches around Florence. We also had delicious meals together as well. My favorite new restaurant in all of Florence is called Club Paradiso, which is located on the other side of the arno about 3 bridges down. It is quite the schlep as I like to call it, but it was so worth it.

The meal consisted of 4 dishes for just a set price of 15 euro. Wine bottles were only 5 euro each as well. I had bruchetta, tortellini with spinach and ricotta, roast chicken, and roast potatoes. I was so stuffed by the end of the meal! We met some local Italians too at the restaurant. This place is extremely authentic and there were no tourists at all so we knew it was legit. I would definitely recommend it for all those who are visiting or my fellow students abroad.

Well I will post later when I feel up for it. A big shout out to my friends and family who have been amazing to me the past few days. I don't know how I could survive without your love and support!

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

You've got tremendous support from near and afar. This is a tough patch, no doubt about it. Keep breathing and moving through the moments; good things always come out of the worst of times. Eventually.
Love to you.