Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Daily frustrations

Tomorrow I am leaving for Bosnia and Croatia and will not be back until later Sunday evening. If you guys want to reach me, you can always call my international phone, otherwise I am assuming I will not have any internet access.

Today has been pretty frustrating because when I went to check my mail today I noticed that the package that was supposed to have my replacement battery for my International phone was stolen. I am so pissed! Attached to the empty package was a note in Italian saying that the package was empty and they did not give any instructions with what to do otherwise. Federica (a GIF member) called the post office and talked to some staff member in Italian who she claimed was an absolute idiot because she said there was no one to blame and that the post office is not at fault. Federica then asked what the procedure was to report stolen items and the lady did not even know. So anyways... I am going in a bit to talk to Federica again and she is going to help me figure out what to do with the package and perhaps get another replacement battery. I don't mind waiting for right now, but for Russia (my Christmas trip) I will definitely need an international phone. The phones they sell here only work for Italy. BUMMER

Well that's about all that going on right now. I am going to go shopping for some warm things for winter with Cierra. She is going to get a winter jacket and perhaps I can find some heavy snowy weather socks for Russia. It is going to be so cold!

CIAO!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Good luck with the missing battery. I just pulled out my wool socks - we started December with snow on the ground (I live in central Maine).