Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finally, I have reazlized I just need to keep smiling


"Never frown, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile..."

I love this quote. Always have. This is a pretty random blog post for me, but it just came to me with everything going on in my life as of late. As most of you know, the transition here to Florence has been quite difficult-- and I am STILL in the midst of trying to find my place and feel at "home" here. Having my parents here for 10 days helped- but it also made me miss home even more because they were constantly talking about people and things back home and that made me want to be there... I love Florence but I also love being in my comfort zone and knowing where everything is and not to mention pretty much everyone speaks English. Also with my grandfather being sick and trying to keep a long distance relationship strong its just been so much to handle at one time. OH well-- its all a learning experience, right?

Back to the quote, you just have to keep smiling in the midst of everything going on. I am very blessed to be able to have this experience, and I have to keep reminding myself that. Every moment should be treasured, because pretty soon it will come and go. Always smile- because it not only makes you feel better but you portray to the world that you can conquer anything with confidence. I always liked the saying that smiling takes less muscles than frowning. So true! So why not smile? :)

Not convinced yet that smiling really is a truly amazing thing? Here are some other "Reasons to Smile:"

1. Smiling makes us attractive.
We are drawn to people who smile. There is an attraction factor. We want to know a smiling person and figure out what is so good. Frowns, scowls and grimaces all push people away -- but a smile draws them in.
Sponsored Links
No Matter Your Age...
Feel And Look Like A Teenager... New Breakthrough Keeps You Young...
www.alsearsmd.com

Health & Beauty Savings
Don’t overpay for health and beauty Needs at more affordable prices.
foodlion.com/healthyaccents

5 Tips for Stomach Fat
Stop making these 5 major mistakes & you'll finally lose the belly fat
www.TruthAboutAbs.com

2. Smiling Changes Our Mood
Next time you are feeling down, try putting on a smile. There's a good chance you mood will change for the better. Smiling can trick the body into helping you change your mood.

3. Smiling is Contagious <-- so true! :)
When someone is smiling they lighten up the room, change the moods of others, and make things happier. A smiling person brings happiness with them. Smile lots and you will draw people to you.

4. Smiling Relieves Stress
Stress can really show up in our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed. When you are stressed, take time to put on a smile. The stress should be reduced and you'll be better able to take action.

5. Smiling Boosts Your Immune System <-- makes sense!
Smiling helps the immune system to work better. When you smile, immune function improves possibly because you are more relaxed. Prevent the flu and colds by smiling.

6. Smiling Lowers Your Blood Pressure <-- who knew?!
When you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure. Give it a try if you have a blood pressure monitor at home. Sit for a few minutes, take a reading. Then smile for a minute and take another reading while still smiling. Do you notice a difference?

7. Smiling Releases Endorphins, Natural Pain Killers and Serotonin
Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and serotonin. Together these three make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug.

8. Smiling Lifts the Face and Makes You Look Younger
The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. Don't go for a face lift, just try smiling your way through the day -- you'll look younger and feel better.

9. Smiling Makes You Seem Successful
Smiling people appear more confident, are more likely to be promoted, and more likely to be approached. Put on a smile at meetings and appointments and people will react to you differently.

10. Smiling Helps You Stay Positive
Try this test: Smile. Now try to think of something negative without losing the smile. It's hard. When we smile our body is sending the rest of us a message that "Life is Good!" Stay away from depression, stress and worry by smiling.

I was putting away my laundry and listening to shuffle on my I tunes (you never know what's going to come up!) and a song called "Finally" by Fergie came on. Fergie is generally not known for her inspirational lyrics, but I found part of this song particularly fitting for what I'm going through. (even though it is centered around her troubled relationship with her man) You should download it if you can- its actually very pretty. Here is part of her chorus I am relating to in this moment:

"Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though it will have a different set
Something strange and new is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
Its the best that I've ever had"

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Ahhhh, love this post.
You are so right about the smile; it is a powerful expression both outwardly to the world and inwardly to our souls to create the world in which we want to exist. You are very wise. I need to take this post to heart; read it twice a day for a long, long time. Smile. Yes, smile.

Carolyn said...

This is a fantastic post! I know it is hard to be away from your friends in family, but being abroad for such a long period of time is a truly wonderful experience. Have fun and enjoy yourself!