Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A typical Florence day :)


I am very tired. I caught the cold that has been going around all the students at Gonzaga. It started out with a mild sore throat and stuffy nose and now I have a cough, runny and stuffy nose and a sore throat. Not to mention my energy is completely drained. Yesh! Not really what I need right now, but when do colds ever come at a good time?

Today was another beast day of classes but at least I didn't have my three hour econ class again. That is so brutal. Its hard to pay attention for that long! Today I had classes straight from 8:30-12:45 and then lunch is at one. Me and everyone else are like STARVING by the time lunch rolls around. For those who are curious, my pensione provides our meals mon-thurs and then we have thurs dinner on our own and the rest of the weekend we have to get out own meals. This is because most of the students travel on the weekends. The food is pretty good. I love the pasta but the meat can be sketch. Today we had pasta with an arrabiata (spicy tomato sauce) and eggplant. For the main course, we had sausage and beans. It was pretty good. Usually for desert (which is only during lunch) we have fruit. Today we had peaches... yum!

After lunch me and Lillian ran a few errands. We first went over to 85 Cavour where Giuseppe is, but he wasn't there when we got there. He is the one we go to for all our room problems. He owns three pensiones in this area. We ended up just writing him a note asking for another desk, and better lighting (one of the main bulbs in our room is out). Haha hopefully this time he actually brings us a real desk and not our patio furniture. Other than those two things, me and Lillian are very satisfied with our new room. Its a big step up from where we were before if you have been keeping up with my blog!

Once I finished writing the note, we went to try to find this old fashioned record store that Lillian is interested in. We ended up not being able to find it so she will prob go back sometime on her own and check it out. We also tried to go back to the electronic store that I got my straightener/blow dryer last week but I must've mixed up the streets because I couldn't find that place either. I am looking for a little video camera that I can attach through the USB drive. For those who have skype, I have heard it is really fun to be able to video chat with your friends/family. Hint hint to mom and dad! :) We ended up stumbling across this really fun store (much like H and M) which is called Promod. I ended up getting a charcoal cardigan, a turqoise long sleeve shirt, and a cute purple tee. Yay! I love new clothes. Our last stop was at Sephora, which is where I got some eyeliner. Very exciting day I know...

So right now I am relaxing while Lillian is at her three hour history class. I'm glad I'm not her right now! I am exhausted... tomorrow we are going to be having a walking tour of Florence with my Introduction to Florence class. It should be pretty fun!

Well I'm off for now.

Ciao ragazzi!

*note* the palm tree photo was taken in Elba. I loved the beachy atmosphere of the Island!

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

Yikes; where are you going to put all those clothes!!! NMS!!!