Friday, September 26, 2008

Off to Elba tommorow!


Well it is very late here right now. 1:10 AM to be exact. I should be off somewhere in snooze land, but I took a two hour nap earlier today so I am not quite sleepy. I haven't been able to post the past couple days because our internet has been down yet again. It is so annoying how it never seems to be consistent. Hopefully they will get it squared away by the time I get home later this weekend.

Tomorrow morning I am having a quick Breakfast at my pensione around 6:45 with Annie and then we are heading to meet the rest of the Gonzaga gang and we will be well on our way to the island of Elba around 7:30 AM! I am not looking forward to waking up that early; hopefully I will be able to take a nap on the bus. This weekend is the first optional trip that Gonzaga is hosting and only about twenty out of the 120 students are not going. I am super excited. The intinerary looks like it will be pretty interesting. There are a few hikes that we can go on (short and long) and I am choosing to visit the Napoleon museum as one of the optional tours. I heard the beach is absoloutely gorgeous; I am bringing my swimsuit just in case it is warm enough to swim. The weather report says it will be around 60-65 so that is a bit too cold for swimming. I will definately take some pictures so feel free to check them out on facebook as usual. I will not be bringing my laptop on this trip because I doubt our hotel/hostel has it offered, and even if they do, I am not sure how safe it is to leave it in the room. Maybe I will embark on an internet cafe. I always seem to have a knack for finding those on trips.

Anyways, I know this post is very short but I really should finish up some last minute packing and try to get at least a few hours of sleep before my big travel day tommorow.

I will try and post an entry on Sunday with my reflections of the weekend!

Arrivederci!

Note: The picture above is taken outside the archaelogical museum that I went to with my Introduction to Florence class. Pretty huh?

2 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

Great to hear about the plans for the weekend in Elba. Sounds wonderful! Enjoy! can't wait to hear about the trip and see some cool pictures. Love you!

Mary said...

Glad you are taking advantage of the option trips! Getting up early has its benefits too - early morning can be quite beautiful and peaceful. Safe travels!