Sunday, September 7, 2008

A day in Berlin



Today has been another crazy day jammed back with adventures. I am loving Europe so far. I am just trying to take everything in and savor the moments. Today I woke up around 6:30 A.M and felt completely rested. I went to bed last night around 7 p.m so I pretty much got like eleven and a half hours of sleep. It was amazing and definitely much needed.

After I woke up I packed up all my things that I needed for my ten day opening tour and then me and my small group of friends checked out of the hotel around 9:30 and called a shuttle to the airport to meet up with the rest of the Gonzaga in Florence group. Ironically, it was the same gentleman that helped us out the first time from the airport to the hotel and he just chuckled as he loaded our huge bags into the caravan.

Once we got to the airport the question was where exactly do we meet up with the group?? We were quite confused and we took shifts in groups looking for a familiar face or sign that could point us in the right direction as to where to meet up with the GIF group. First, David and Ashley looked around for about fifteen minutes, and no luck. Me and Sarah gave it a shot and first got a little pastry from a German cafe in the airport, and then I stumbled upon a man that held a sign that said "Gonzaga". I knew at that point we were in the right place. He told us where to meet the rest of the group and we were on our way.

Basically the day consisted of us walking around the Berlin streets, taking lots of pictures, and relaxing. Me and a group of friends enjoyed our first legal beer at a local pub. It has been a blast so far! I will post more pictures later. I wish this post could be longer but I am holding up my friends so I will write more later.

I miss you all!

4 comments:

CaShThoMa said...

That first legal beer must have been sweet! Anxiously awaiting some photos when you have a chance to post them. Hope you get to see where the Berlin Wall used to be; I'm going to write something on my blog about a trip to Berlin back in 1970 when the wall was still very much "up".
Best to you!!!

Christopher Maher said...

Hey Laura! Sounds like you're having a great time! I will miss you at the Sunday Night Dinner tonight :)

Keep up the blogging! It's great to see what you're up to. Have a wonderful night, sis. Love ya!

-Chris

Brenda P said...

Hey, Laura! Sounds like you are off on a great trip. I've always heard that Berlin was beautiful. Have a great time!

Carolyn said...

It sounds like you are already having a blast! I am so excited to hear about all the adventures you are having - keep the blog posts coming. Love you! -CG