Saturday, March 28, 2009

Munich day 2 and 3

Today was another fabulous day in Munich. I signed up for an optional bike tour around the city, which turned out to be really fun!






The day first started out by another Breakfast in my pensione bus for the around 9:20and then we departed from the hostel with our private bus for the bike tour. Our tour guides were very nice and friendly and made the tour pretty interesting. We stopped at several locations on the way, and the weather was gorgeous! Not too cold and it was sunny for a change. We stopped at a famous and quaint beer garden that had a giant Chinese structure with an orchestra playing on the second floor. For lunch I had a large sausage, fries, and a beer with a hint of lemonade. It was all pretty good except I wasn't too fond of my sausage because it had some strange red curry sauce on it. I would've been fine with just ketchup...

At the river we ran into some men that were actually surfing! It looked pretty dangerous but they looked like they had a great time. It was funny when they wiped out though!










After the tour Leanna and I bought some postcards and another yummy treat from the bakery we got the pretzels the day before. This time it was a sweet treat though- I love the food here surprisingly!

Last night at Hofbrahaus was very fun! I had two sausages (roundly shaped- it was odd but very yummy) and a potato salad. We also split a couple of those huge beers and ended up taking the glasses home for a souviner.

Tonight the dinner plans are up in the air- I think Leanna, Meredith and I are going to go to a cheaper place for dinner near our hostel. Apparently it is like Hofbrahaus so I am sure it will be tasty.

Anyways, that pretty much concludes today.

The next day we left the hostel around 8:00 A.M and then we ventured towards the Neuschwanstein Castle. This castle is the also known as "Cinderella's Castle" which is displayed before the start of all Disney movies. From postcards, it looks absoloutely beautiful but unfortunately it was snowing and it was super foggy so most of my pictures came out like the one of your left. The bus was also down because of the weather conditions, so we had to hike up the moutain for like forty minutes and then also back down. At least it was good excercise! On the way down from the Castle, Leanna and I were enticed by a delicious looking Raspberry desert. Definitely worth the extra calories! The rest of the day was pretty much spent on the bus- about an 8 hour drive from the Castle and we also stopped at a couple rest stops on the way. The main rest stops in Italy are called "Auto Grill" - they pretty much have the same things. I am excited for fastfood places like Taco Bell when I get home! I have a feeling I'm going to gain so much weight when I come home. The portions back home are so much bigger as well!

Anyways, at this point I am rambling but overall I had an excellent time in Munich! CIAO!

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

Wonderful fun. Dad and I both commented to each other that you are getting your fill of German sausage!
Glad the weather held up for your bike tour; fun!