Sunday, March 8, 2009

The rest of the Vienna trip


This past weekend in Vienna was definitely one to remember. Even though it was pouring down rain and super windy, we all managed to have an amazing time.

On Saturday, I woke up pretty early in the morning, had Breakfast, and we all took the Metro again to a stop which was close to an open market. It was called "Naschmarkt" which is a typical Viennese food market (see picture) and we were supposed to make it to the Flee Market but because of the rain, most of it was closed.

I decided not to go to the optional tour to the Castle at 2:00 pm because I was pretty exhausted, so Georgina and I split up from the group and went to a Starbucks at the Metro station and just talked for a bit. We went on the Metro again and hopped off at a stop that we went to yesterday and did some souvenir shopping (I got a cool boot shaped shot class, another shot glass for my friend Kate, a gift for Chris, and some chocolate that my mom requested). We also discovered this store that kind of looked like Walgreens and I had the spontaneous idea to want to dye my hair. Georgina said she was pretty good at doing it, so we got one of those boxes. I eventually want to go back to my natural hair color, so I am hoping after it fades in a few weeks it will be pretty close. I think I am going to take a break from dying my hair for awhile after this because its just so bad for your hair. Once we were done shopping, Georgina and I went back to our fab hostel and watched some Sex and the City, did my hair (its darker now!), took a shower, and just relaxed.

Later that evening, we all got ready to go out and the whole GU group met outside around 7:15 to leave for a group dinner at a typical Viennese restaurant. We had lots of things to eat- salads, potato dishes, Weiner Schnitzel of course, and some strudel for dinner. It was quite delicious! We also ordered some white wine which was tasty as well.

After dinner, I decided to go out because I never ended up going out the night before and I usually let myself go out once a week. My two wing ladies for the night were Meredith and Leanna. We had a great time! We first drank a bit at our hostel (they even have their own bar!) and then we took the Metro to a huge bar with a club inside it. We were there a couple hours, and then Leanne, Zach, and I took a cab ride home because the Metro closed at 12:30.

This morning I got up around 7:30, packed up the rest of my stuff, had a quick Breakfast and we were off by 8:30. We had another 11 hour bus ride back to Florence, and we stopped a few places on the way to go to the bathroom, get snacks/lunch etc. I was so uncomfortable the entire way back because there is like no room on those buses, but I managed to sleep for a bit and I watched an episode of Sex and the City and Gossip Girl.

I am currently uploading the rest of the pictures from the weekend on face book, so feel free to check them out later!

Until later!

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

Good food, good friends, good times.