Sunday, December 28, 2008

Off to Finland!


Today has been a pretty relaxing day so far; the Christmas tour has been jam-packed with activities and today we actually got to sleep in which was nice for a change. I am not used to such a busy Christmas break- its nice but also exhausting after awhile.

We are heading to Finland today at 2:45 and we are loading onto a ferry boat and staying in cabins for the evening. This part of the trip reminds me of heading to Croatia from Italy; we stayed overnight on a boat and some friends and I paid extra to stay in cabins for the night. Let me tell you- it was so worth it! Everyone else was super exhausted from staying up all night on the boat. No thanks!

Not quite sure what we are doing in Finland; to be honest, I have no idea what to expect. We are only there for the day, so we will have to make the most of our short trip. After our day in Finland, we are heading towards our final destination, St. Petersburg, Russia. I am expecting it to be very cold, and I am hoping there will actually be snow on the ground! Speaking of snow, I can't believe all the snow Washington has been getting these past few weeks! I talked to some of my friends from back in Spokane, and they said they had to stay an extra couple of days or more before Christmas because of the snow conditions. Apparently a bunch of airports were closed because of the dangerous snow conditions. I am not sure how the flights are doing right now, but I think the snow is slowly melting. My mother has been sending tons of pictures of the snow fall as well- she said that they were practically snowed in for days and almost no one dared to go out on the streets. As of a few days ago, there were 18 inches- CRAZINESS! At least they had a white Christmas- I still have yet to experience that.

Anyways, that's about all I have to say for today. I am currently just chilling in the hotel lobby attempting to surf the internet and check emails and such, but the connection is awful. Seems like a common theme in all of Europe- haha one thing I definitely miss in America. We are having lunch together as a big group in the hotel at 1:00 so I only have about half an hour to kill at this point.

Arrivederci and take care everyone!

Like I said before, check out all the new pics I uploaded on facebook! :)

1 comment:

CaShThoMa said...

Have a good boat ride and a nice day in Finland!!! Then, it's off to St. Petersburg. What an amazing trip. Take lots of pictures. Glad you got to sleep in today.